Saturday, 16 March 2013

Extremely Rare 300m Cyrillic Vostok Amphibian Wire lugs Received





As i have said before,i have no intention of building the collection,as it once was,but,i am looking for a select few of my personal favourite Russian watches.
The Vostok 300m Amphibian,would be one of the watches at the top,obviously very rare,but a great watch,easy to wear and easy to see.
I bought the watch from a trusted seller,[thank you Slava],who has supplied me with excellent quality watches before.I was actually worried for some time,because the British Post office,decided to lose it at Heathrow Airport,luckily,after many desperate e.mails from me,they finally "found" it.
The pictures above are a mixture of mine,with new strap,and the sellers.
The watch is in exceptional,original condition,with that lovely handmade jewel of a dial,great baton hands,and exceptionally heavy case back,with 22mm wire lugs,keeps great time.
These watches are hard to find,[there are a few Frankens,starting to surface],possibly military issue,possibly only 200 made.
Very pleased with it.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Russ,
    I am very happy to see that you decided to buy another 30atm.
    This watch is very special, a must have.

    Mine was supplied by Slava.... the same than you?
    I decided that this watch was my top priority when lost the auction for your previous30atm!

    All the best,

    Boris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Boris,
    Many Thanks.Yes this is one of the few Russian watches i decided to purchase,they are the perfect watch for me,not to big and easy to read.

    Boris is a great seller,i only wish i could afford,some more of his offerings.
    Best Regards,
    Russ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Boris and Russ. Can you kindly supply Slava's contact information and/or website?

    Many thanks,

    :. SK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello SK.
    I am sorry,i have never contacted Slava,so would not know any contact information.
    I can only suggest Google,sorry for not being more helpfull.
    Best Regards,
    Russ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Russ,
      I restart this thread to confirm how this watch is amazing, with a real personality. Seems like an old Panerai-ish and gorgeous dial. Do you how large must the nato strap be? 20mm, 22mm? In fact I just bought the same. It's coming from Russia in few weeks and I would like to hand craft a leather nato strap. My watch has a different caseback from others models with Cyrillic early fonts on it. If you want, I can send some photos, maybe you can explain and explore the origine of this inscriptions. Regards

      Delete
    2. Hello Jean-Alan,
      Thank you for your kind comments.
      It sounds as though you have a very interesting watch.
      I would love to see some photos. You can e.mail me on russcook68@gmail.com
      Best Regards,
      Russ.

      Delete